1 / 1 Photo by: SavitaJ
- 1 Cauliflower
- 3 Potatoes (medium sized)
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp rai seeds
- 2 inches garlic
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- 2 tsp dry mint leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp amchoor
- salt to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Extra time:35min preserving › Ready in:1hr10min
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces
- Place 2 tsp of oil in a pan .
- Add !/4 tsp of turmeric powder,1/2 tsp cumin seeds,1/2 tsp rai,ginger and cinnamon stick and let it sizzle for 1 min.
- Add the cut cauliflower sprinkle 1/3 cup of water on it, cover it with a lid and let it cook for 13 mins on medium heat.
- Stir it once to make sure it does not burn.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, place 2 tsp of oil in another pan and add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp of rai, 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp of dry mint powder. Let it sizzle for 1 min.
- Place the cut potatoes in that pan, sprinkle it with 1/4 cup of water , cover it with a lid and let it cook for 13 mins on medium heat. Just stir it once to make sure it does not burn or stick to the pan.
- After they are both done transfer the potatoes in the cauliflower pan and add garam masala and amchoor to the entire contents and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
You can add red chili powder or green chillis to this recipe! I enjoy it with dal -rice and my kids enjoy it with rotis! You can add peas to the above recipe as well!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!