Easy Buttery Biscuits
- 225 gms pasteurized unsalty butter at room temp (melt in microwave if you like)
- 1/2 cup (125 gms) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar, optional, for rolling.
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:35min
- Mix the butter and sugar. Add yolk and mix everything really good with an electric mixer or your hands. Add vanilla essence. Mix it well. Add flour and mix. The batter should be non lumpy, buttery, crumbly. Taste batter for sugar. Add more if you like it real sugary.
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Make golf ball sized biscuits from the batter. Shape into balls 1 inch thick or in any shape you like.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Do not let them get brown. Take out, roll in 3/4 cup sugar. Let cool and serve at room temp.
Altered ingredient amounts. sdsdsd - 20 Oct 2010
SO easy to make and sooo rich and buttery, they just melted in my mouth. Luuvvved them with cardamom tea. This recipe made my 'all time fave' list. And the dushehra decorations were too cuuute! - 12 Oct 2010