- 1 glass white rice
- 1/2 glass moong dal
- 2 spoons pepper
- 2 spoons jeera
- 5 tablespoons ghee
- cashew nuts to taste
- A pinch ginger
- A pinch curry leaves
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Fry rice and moong dal in an empty frying pan for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and add the rice and moong dal. Pressure cook it for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Make a powder from pepper and jeera.
- Take a frying pan and add ghee. After the ghee is heated add pepper jeera powder, cashews, ginger and curry leaves.
- After 6 whistles open the cooker, and add the frying pan content into the cooker. Stir well and add ghee if necessary. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.
Hi Nina this is santhosh .Can you help in making me fish biryani .Im eager to learn it from you .my id is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - 11 Dec 2010
- 01 Dec 2010
I followed you recipe to the T. You forgot about salt. And I did too but I added it in the ghee mix though, it didn't mix that well. It did turn out nice.. Thanks ! for the recipe. - 28 Feb 2014