1 / 1 Photo by: Sowmyapery
Soya bean potato curry
Sowmyapery Karnataka, India
Serves : 4
- 50g Soya chunks
- 1 Medium size potato
- 3 Table spoons Salt
- 1 Onion
- 1 large tomato
- 4 Green chillies
- 1/2 table spoon Turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 table spoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 table spoon Urad dal
- 4 table spoons cooking oil
- 3-4 patels Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Keep 2 cups of water for boiling. Once the water start boiling take half of the water in a bowl and add 1 table spoon of salt. Add Soya chunks to the water and close a lid. (Water can be luke warm too). Once the soya chunks are soaked well they will become soft.
- At the same time you can keep the ingrdients ready. Cut potato into cubes of half inch. Cut tomatoes in slices. Cut green chillies into small pieces Cut ginger into small pieces Cut onion into fine slices.
- Remove the soya chunks from water and add cold water to that. Now soya chunks are cold to take it in hand. Squeeze the water content come soya chunks. This step needs to be repeated if the soya chunks still have smell.
- Cut the squeezed soya chunks to 2 to 4 peices. This can be done parallely as you start cooking the curry. By the time potato is cooked soya chunks can be cut into pieces.
- Add 4 table spoons of oil to a pan. Add mustard and garlic to heated oil. Add urad dal and fry until dal turns light brown. Add curry leaves and fry it for few secs. Add onion slices and fry until onion trun light brown. Add ginger, and green chilly and fry it for 20 secs. Then add tomatoes and close the lid for 1 min. Ensure frying is done in medium flame. Add 1/2 table spoon of turmeric powder. Keep stirring the content continuously. Ensure with the above ingredients paste is created. Add little water if required
- Add potato pieces to it and mix it well. Add salt and chilly powder for taste. Keep stirring for few mins. Add 1/2 cup water and allow potatoes to cook. Once all water content vapourises add soya chunks to it and stir well. Keep it for 2 -3 mins.
- Add coriander leaves on top. The curry goes well with rice and also capathis/rotis.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!