Shahi Nawabi Biryani
- ½ kg Basmati Rice (semi-cooked)
- 1 kg Boneless Meat (washed and chopped into square pieces)
- 500 gm Curd
- 4-6 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 4-6 Green Chilli
- 8-10 Big Onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ A pinch of Caraway Seeds (Shahi Zeera)
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 5-6 twigs Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 2-4 pinch Saffron,pods Cardamom, Cinnamon
- 2-3 drops Saffron Color
- 1-2 pods Clove
- 2 cup Oil
- 2 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Extra time:15min marinating › Ready in:1hr5min
- Smear the pieces of meat with ginger-garlic paste. • Keep them to marinate for an hour. • In the meanwhile, fry the sliced onions in a heated pan on low flame till light brown. • Let the onions cool down and crush them. • Now add crushed fried onion (only three-fourth), curd, red chilli powder, cinnamon, green chilli paste, cardamom, shahi zeera, coriander leaves, clove, saffron water, mint leaves and salt to the marinated meat. • Leave the meat as it is for 1 hour
- Make the mixture of aromatic water by adding salt (one tsp), cinnamon, clove, cardamom, mint leaves and coriander leaves in a little water. • Now spread a layer of semi-cooked rice in a heavy bottomed vessel. • Add saffron color, limejuice, ghee and the remaining crushed onions over the layer of rice. • Spread a layer of marinated meat over this, and again spread the remaining semi-cooked rice. • Now add the aromatic water in a circular motion over the rice layer. • Now tightly cover the vessel with a lid. Keep it on a low flame on tawa.
- •Remove the vessel from the flame exactly after 15 minutes. • Shahi Nawabi Biryani is ready to eat. Serve hot.
- Garnish with Coriander and mint leaves and small piece of Lemon.
Make it healthier
After having Shahi Nawabi Biryani..make a soup of mint leaves n lemon soup..
Made it vegetarian. All the ingredient are same but instead of meat u can add your choice of vegetables, that will b an delicious veg-shahi-biryani. - 15 Dec 2010
Yeah Good One - 15 Dec 2010
Made it more kid friendly. add less amount of chllies for kids,..so that they get more taste in biryani. - 15 Dec 2010