2 people made this
About this recipe:
Those soft yummy candies that everyone loves...
2 tablespoons gelatin
1/4 cup + 1 cup water
2 cups regular white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup (1/4 + 1/2) 1/4 cup cornflour + 1/2 cup of icing sugar mixed
Extra time:2hr setting ›
- Soak the gelatin in the 1/4 cup water for 10 minutes so that they swell.
- Ina heating bowl or pan, pour in the 2 cups of sugar and ad 1 cup of water
- Keep stirring gently on low flame till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the soaked gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Boil it steadily but not vigorously for 15 minutes without stirring. I did this on a medium flame which helped prevent overflowing of the syrup.
- remove from heat and allow to cool until luke warm
- Add vanilla essence and whisk with an electric beater or mixer until the mixture is very white and thick.
- Dust the tin or the bowl with part of the cornflour-icing sugar mix and pour the thick mixture.
- Refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces and then roll those in the remaining cornflour-icing sugar mix.
You can use dessicated coconut instead of cornflour sugar mixture
Instead of using the gelatin, you can also use AGAR-AGAR. You need to double the quantity of the Agar Agar
You can also use colors and flavours like peppermint.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate