1 / 1 Photo by: nikichevli
Chane Ke Kabab
nikichevli Gujarat, India
Serves : 4
- 2 cups Split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked
- to taste Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Green chilli paste
- 1 medium Onion , ground
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons+ to shallow fry Ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Roasted chana dal powder
- 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garam masala powder
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:45min
- Boil the soaked chana in two cups of water along with salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, green chilli paste, ground onion, ground garlic, yogurt and two tablespoons of ghee till cooked and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cool and grind the mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to a smooth dough. Divide the dough into twelve equal parts and shape them into tikkis.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan and shallow-fry these tikkis till golden brown on both the sides. Drain onto an absorbent paper. Serve with green chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!