Makes: 10 krabby patties
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 4-6 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 lb. frozen crab meat (defrosted and finely chopped in a food proccessor)
- 3/4 cups seasoned bredcrumbs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 eggs ( lightly beaten )
- Salt and Pepper ( to taste )
- 3 tbsp ketchup ( for dipping sauce )
Prep:1hr › Cook:1hr › Extra time:1min marinating › Ready in:2hr1min
- 1. Sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the thyme, lower the heat, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Shape into rounds by using a small ice cream scooping spoon, then gently pat flat.
- 4. Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches (2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place the crab cakes in a skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to add more oil for the second and third batches.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the crab cakes to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. The crab cakes can be kept in a warm oven for approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time. Serve with a kid-friendly dipping sauce. Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Put the patty meat down on the first bun then put chopped onions on top of it, then put ketchup.
Make a Krabby patty + potato chips (any flavour) + any cold drink combo
Superb! I followed the recipe to the letter, except due allergies, I used Imitation Crab. Alone, the patty seems bland, but when you make the classic SpongeBob creation: Bun, tomato, lettuce, pickles, cheese, and the special sauce (ketchup/mayo), its SUPERB! A refreshing change from the burger, and WAY better than the boring tuna patty! - 16 Aug 2013