1 / 1 Photo by:
Serves : 6
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1/4 cup raw rice
- 100 gm shallots thinly sliced
- 250 gm refined oil to fry
- 3 tbs curry leaves
- 1tbs corriander leaves
- to taste salt
- small piece ginger
- 2 nos green chilies
- 1 piece banana leaf
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- soak dal and rice together for 20 mins. after 20 mins grind dal,ginger, chilies finely. don't add water much only spray water. .
- take a bowl put the grinded paste add shallots ,salt,curry leaves, coriander leaves .it is a vada mix.
- heat the pan with oil with medium flame.clean banana leaf with water . take vada mix lemon size put on leaf and slitly flatten .make the small hole in the center.
- put into heated oil and fry till golden color. then drain and serve the plate .now the tasty vadai is ready.serve with the combination of coconut chutney or sambar.
this is the crispy top and spongy inner because of added raw rice . also not to take too much of oil.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!