1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1 kg (35 oz.) mutton
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 cups thick Yogurt
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Cloves
- 6 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds (soaked in a little warm water for 10 mins)
- few Few strands Saffron
- 2tbsp Cream
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomato(medium) (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 5 Green Chilies (slit)
- 4 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 3 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing Coriander leaves
- For garnishing 10 Almonds (blanched and sliced)
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Marinate the mutton with cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste, curd, red chili powder, coriander powder and green chilies for an hour.
- Make a paste by grinding poppy seeds and grated coconut.
- Take a vessel and heat both oil and ghee. Put whole spices, bay leaf and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onions and fry till it turns transparent. Add tomatoes and the marinated mutton and mix well. Cook on a medium flame till the water is completely evaporated
- Put the poppy seeds-coconut paste, salt and mix well. Add 3 cups of water and cook till the mutton is tender and the gravy thickens.
- At the end add garam masala powder, saffron solution and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sliced almonds and fresh cream in squirrels.
served with steam rice, chapati.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!