1 / 1 Photo by: priyas612
Light SPONGE CAKE
priyas612 Alabama, United States
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBP Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Maida
- 1/2 cup Milk
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 until the middle springs back when touched,(40 mins ) or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
- Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!