1 / 1 Photo by: BengaliFoodie
Una Bhabi's Tomato Chutney (Bhorta)
BengaliFoodie Dhaka, Bangladesh
Serves : 5
- 3-4 red dried chillies
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 handful coriander
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- As needed Salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Heat a pan over medium heat. When hot, toast the red dried chillies so that the chillies slightly darken. Set the chillies aside to cool.
- In the same pan, toast the whole tomatoes on a hot pan so that the tomato skins become slightly burnt.
- On a separate bowl, take the coriander leaves, dry chillies, sliced onions, salt ( as needed) and smash well with hand by adding the mustard oil. Continue smashing and mixing the ingredients until the onions become soft.
- Cut open the toasted tomatoes into small cubes or slices so that they can be mixed with the onion-chilli mixture. Continue to smash the tomatoes until the tomatoes and onions soften.
- Serve with one or two dry red chillies. Enjoy!
Add daal and rice for serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!