Serves : 4
- 1 small round eggplant ( begun)
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 4-5 dry red chillies
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 hard boiled egg
- as needed salt
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
Prep:20min › Cook:15min › Ready in:35min
- Make a few slits all over the surface of the eggplant and grease it with the mustard oil.
- Heat the eggplant on a tawa or a hot pan until it becomes soft and the skin gets slightly burnt.
- Remove the eggplant and add the dry red chillies on the same hot pan. Toast the chillies without any oil until they are slightly dark in color.
- On a bowl, add the dry chillies, sliced onions, salt and one handful of coriander leaves. Mash well with hand.
- Cut open the eggplant into a few slices. Peel the burnt skin off from the eggplant. Add the hard boiled egg and the slices of the eggplant to the dry chilli and onion mixture. Add mustard oil to the mixture, mash well until the onions become soft.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves and red chillies.
Some people like to have the eggplant really burnt, others prefer it slightly burnt so that there is a little bit of burnt smell in it. Just make sure that the eggplant is soft or else it will not taste good! You can check with a butter knife if the eggplant has softened.