1 / 1 Photo by:
Serves : 5
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil or Soyabean oil
- 1 tablespoon Methi ( Fenugreek) seeds
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- As needed- Salt
- 3-4 Green chillies
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Heat oil on a pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Fry the methi(Fenugreek)seeds until the distinct smell of methi comes out.
- Add yoghurt to the fried methi seeds. Also add the half cup of water, turmeric powder and salt. Let the yoghurt boil.
- Add the Ilish ( Hilsa) fish pieces and cook for 5-8 minutes. The fish should be cooked when the oil floats on top of the curry.
- Longitudinally cut the green chillies in half and add to the curry.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
Ilish can get easily overcooked, so do make sure that you do not cook for more than 5-8 minutes. When you put the lid on, the heat should be low.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!