1 / 1 Photo by:
Serves : 5
- 1/2 kg finger sized headless shrimps with tails
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red dry chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon of squeezed lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of garlic-ginger paste
- 1 cup tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Water as needed for boiling the shrimps
- One handful of Thai cabbage leaves for garnishing
Prep:30min › Cook:25min › Extra time:20min marinating › Ready in:1hr15min
- Add salt, coriander and red chilli powders, lemon extract, garlic-ginger paste and tamarind chutney to a bowl with washed shrimps. Mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- On a pan heat oil. Add the marinated shrimps to the oil and cook with a bit of water. When the water has dried and the shrimps have boiled, chop the Thai cabbage leaves. Add the chopped cabbage leaves to a flat bowl such that the leaves completely cover the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the cooked tamarind chicken on top of the chopped cabbage leaves.
The tamarind shrimps can be eaten with plain white rice, fried rice or pulao.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!