1 / 1 Photo by: BengaliFoodie
- 1 kg of beef cubes
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- salt as needed
- just a pinch of sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- Water as needed
- 1 kg washed pulao rice
- 15-20 green chilles with only the mouth cut.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamoms
- 20-25 black pepper balls
- 1/2 of jaifal ( nutmeg)
- 2 joyotri leaves ( javitri or mace)
Prep:40min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Wash the beef cubes and add in the ginger and garlic pastes, yoghurt, salt and sugar. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes for marinating. Do not marinate in a fridge, just keep on table in regular temperature.
- When the meat has been marinated, heat oil in a cooking pot and fry the sliced onions until light brown.
- Add the marinated the beef cubes and cook until the spices are ingredients are mixed well, the water of the yoghurt dries up a bit and oil starts to simmer and float.
- Now add 1 cup water, lower heat and allow for the meat to cook for 30 minutes.
- When the water almost dries up and forms a thick gravy, add the washed pulao rice. Mix well with the beef cubes and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add 1.5 liter water and green chillies. Lower the heat and put the lid on for until the rice boils. In between take the lid out, check if the rice has been boiled and stir the beef and rice mixture well.
- Meanwhile on tawa, heat the cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, black pepper balls, jaifal and joyotri ( javitri) leaves. Grind the heated ingredients into a powder.
- When the rice-beef mixture is cooked, sprinkle the powdered cinnamon, cardamoms, black peppers, joyfol and joyotri leaves. Mix and serve :)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!