1 / 1 Photo by:
- 1/2 kg pui shak (Malabar spinach)
- Hot boiling water, as needed
- 1 coconut
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 onions, sliced
- salt as needed
- 6-7 green chillies, cut in half along the length
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Prep:20min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr
- Pluck the pui shak (Malabar spinach) leaves out, wash and set aside.
- Grate the coconut flesh out. Place the grated coconut on a sieve and slowly pour in 250 liters of boiling water and collect the coconut milk in a bowl or a pot. Constantly stir and press the grated coconut with a spoon so that all the coconut milk is collected, as much as possible.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion slices.
- Pour the coconut milk when the onions turn slightly golden. When the coconut milk starts to bubble, add the pui shak leaves, salt and green chillies. Stir and allow the leaves to wilt and cook until the coconut milk dries up, the oil starts to simmer and float on top.
- Now sprinkle the sugar on top and serve with plain white rice.
Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!