6 people made this
About this recipe:
Dumur is a red round fruit that is native in Jessore, the southwest region of Bangladesh. Spicy dumur tastes sweet, sour and spicy. It is eaten with plain white rice.
½ kg raw dumur
hot boiling water as needed
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 onions, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
salt as needed
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
6-7 green chillies, cut in half along the length
- Cut the dumur into thin slices and place on a sieve.
- Boil water, and allow the dumur slices to boil in the bubbling water for 2 minutes. Filter the water out and set aside the dumur for cooling.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic slices.Add the egg and mix well with the onion and garlic.
- When the onions and garlic have fried for a bit, add the dumur slices, salt and turmeric powder.
- Stir until the dumur is fried well. Garnish with green chillies.
It is eaten with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate