1 / 1 Photo by:
- 10-15 Loitta Shutki
- Water as needed
- 1 cup Shim er bichi ( Shim seeds)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1/2 kg of egg plant cut into strips like French fries
- 6 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
- 1.5 tablespoons of garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin paste
- Salt as needed
- 8-10 green chillies sliced along the length in half
Prep:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- Cut each of the shutki pieces into 3-4 pieces. Heat a tawa and toast the shutki pieces on the tawa.
- Wash the toasted shutki pieces with hot water. Do not rub the shutki pieces too hard, or else the shutki will melt.
- Heat the tawa again, and toast the shim er bichi (shim seeds). Set the seeds aside for cooling. Peel the skin off the toasted shim and boil the seeds in 1 cup of water.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil on a pan and fry the onion slices. Sprinkle the turmeric and red chilli powders, and pour in 2 tablespoons of water. Stir continuously as the garlic and cumin pastes are added along with salt. Cook until the water dries up a bit and the oil starts to float.
- Now add the boiled shim er bichi ( shim seeds) and sliced eggplants. Cook until the spices are mixed well with the seeds and eggplant slices and oil continues to simmer on top.
- Add the shutki pieces and pour in 3-4 cups of water.
- Add the green chillies when bubbles start to form.
- Lower the heat and put the lid on for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!