1 / 1 Photo by: nazrana_parvin
- 1/2 of potatoes, boiled and pealed
- 7-8 dry red chillies
- 7-8 onions, sliced in thin cylindrical shapes
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 kg all purpose flour
- vegetable oil as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm water
Prep:35min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Mash the potatoes and set aside on a bowl.
- Heat a tawa and toast the dry red chillies. Grind the red chillies into a powder.
- Mix salt, onions and powdered red chilli with the mashed potatoes. Set aside on a bowl.
- Add the flour, 2 tablespoons of oil, baking powder and lukewarm water to a bowl. Mix and roll well to make dough. Make 15 small balls out of the dough.
- Place each dough ball on a rolling board. Make an indent in the ball and fill it in with a lump of the spicy mashed potato. Close the filling with the dough ball and carefully roll it out on the board to make a round paratha. Repeat to make 15 parathas out of the dough balls.
- Heat a tawa with 2 tablespoons of oil. Fry each of the parathas until golden brown.
It is delicious by itself. However, it is usually served with any curry or chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!