1 / 1 Photo by:
Serves : 8
- 7-8 pieces of Telapiya fish
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- salt as needed
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 3 onions, sliced
- Water as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 medium sized chichinga (snake gourd) cut into round slices
- 8-10 green chillies, cut in half
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Cover the fish pieces with pinches of turmeric and dry red chilli powders and salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on a pan and fry the fish pieces slightly. Set aside the fish pieces.
- Add another 1-2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan and fry the onion slices. Pour 1 tablespoon of water and add the turmeric, coriander, cumin and red chilli powders. Stir well and add the ginger and garlic pastes and salt. Cook until the water dries up a bit and the oil starts to simmer and float on top.
- Now add the sliced potatoes and add the chichinga (snake gourd) slices when the potatoes have boiled a bit.
- Add water so that preferred gravy forms. Add the fish pieces when bubbles start to form. Sprinkle the sliced green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Put the lid on and turn the heat down. Cook for 10 more minutes.
Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!