1 / 1 Photo by: akshu-cooks
Serves : 5
- 7-8 ripe bananas
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 150 gms jaggery
- half a tspn elaichi powder
- half a tspn salt
- 1 cup water
- oil for frying
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the banana paste and to it add the jaggery which has been grated. Also add one cup of water.
- Let this mixture cook for a while and keep stirring so that it does not stick to bottom of pan and also burn.
- Add a pinch of elaichi powder to this mixture ( optional)
- In the meantime sieve together wheat flour and rice flour along with a pinch of salt.
- Now as the mixture of bananas , jaggery comes to a boil turn off the flame and add the rice flour and wheat flour and keep stirring.
- Now again put on the flame and let it cook for a while and remove from fire.
- Let it cool and then knead it into a dough using a little oil if required.
- Now make small balls and roll out like puris and fry in oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Make it healthier
instead of frying it can also rolled out as roti/chapathi and roasted on girdle and eaten.
over ripen bananas are best suited for this recipe
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!