Gajor er Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
Carrot halwa or gajor er halwa is often made for celebrating the auspicious night of Shab-e-barat. It is sweet, and is delicious by itself. It can be also served with parathas or loochis.
9 people made this
water as needed
1 cup of ghee
Extra time:20min setting ›
- Chop the carrots into thin slices. Boil the carrot slices in water.
- Grind the boiled carrot slices on a sheel pata to make a soft paste.
- Heat a pan with the ghee. Add the carrot paste, cardamoms and sugar. Stir well continuously so that the carrot paste becomes sticky and dough-like.
- By now the ghee should start to simmer on top. Pour the halwa on a flat tray.
- Cut out diamond shapes (borfi shapes) or any preferred shapes and place the shapes on a plate. Allow the halwa borfi to chill for a few minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199