1 / 1 Photo by:
- 250 g of chola dal, soaked overnight
- Salt as needed
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 4-5 green chilies, chopped
- vegetable oil as needed
- 4 potol (pointed gourds), chopped into medium sized slices
- 2 big potatoes, chopped into medium sized slices
- 1 tablespoon of onion paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin paste
- water as needed
- 1 teaspoon of toasted coriander and cumin seeds, grinded into a powder
Prep:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Grind the soaked dal on a sheel pata into a smooth paste. You can use a blended as well.
- Mix the dal paste with salt, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and green chilies. Make 10-12 small balls and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a deep frying pan with 2 cups of oil and fry the dal balls. Set aside the fried balls
- Heat a pan with the 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the pointed gourds and potatoes with onion paste. Also add the ginger, garlic and cumin pastes, salt, turmeric powder and green chilies. Add 1 cup of water and stir and cook with lid on until the water dries up and the oil starts to float on top.
- Add the fried dal balls when the vegetables have been almost cooked. Sprinkle the coriander and cumin powders all over.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!