Shobji Daler Ghonta
This is a vegetable recipe with dal. It is served with ata rooti or paratha in the morning as break fast. It can be also served with rice for lunch or dinner.
1 person made this
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of onion slices
Just a pinch of pach foron(Five seasoning spices (Aniseed, Fenugreek, Celery, Bishop's Weed, Fennel)
2-3 bay leaves
1 cup of cubed misthi kumra ( pumpkin)
1 cup of cubed potol (pointed gourds)
1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon of cumin paste
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
Salt as needed
Water as needed
2 cups of masoor dal, boiled
1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions slices, pach foron and bay leaves.
- Add the vegetables and add the ginger, garlic and cumin pastes, turmeric powder, and salt and stir well.
- Pour 1 cup of water and cook with lid on until the water dries up and the oil starts to float on top.
- Now add the boiled dal and add another 1 cup of water. Cook with the lid on until the water dries up and oil starts to float on top.
- Sprinkle the cumin powder and stir again.
- Serve with plain white rice.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124