2 people made this
About this recipe:
Chitha pitha is a traditional pitha made in winter. It is native in Comilla region of Bangladesh. The net like pithas taste great with any curry-beef, chicken or egg curry.
4 cups of rice powder
1 tablespoon of ginger paste
1 tablespoon of onion paste
Salt as needed
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
3 cups of water
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Add the egg, salt, ginger and onion pastes and turmeric powder to the rice powder. Pour in the water and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan with vegetable oil.
- Now take the liquid in your hand and sprinkle the liquid on the pan with the oil.
- Continue sprinkling the mixture so that the pan is covered all over.
- The sprinkled liquid will swell to form a connected net like tortilla. Turn the tortilla or the pitha over so that both sides are fried.
- Serve with beef, chicken or egg curry.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate