1 person made this
About this recipe:
Narikel Loochi is a kind of coconut based tortilla fried in deep oil. It is sweet and is served with sweet desserts, such as halwa or payesh.
salt as needed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup water
as preferred sugar
1-1.5 cups of vegetable oil
- Grate the coconut flesh out and collect on a bowl.
- Grind the grated coconut on a sheel pata to make a fine paste.
- On a bowl, mix salt, flour and water. Add the coconut paste and sugar. Continue mixing to make a soft dough.
- Make small balls and flatten out each dough balls into medium sized round shaped tortillas.
- Heat a deep frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Fry each of the flattened round shapes in deep well until each of the shapes swell to make tasty loochi.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate