1 / 1 Photo by: nadira_begum
- 4 raw bananas
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of onion paste
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 5 pieces of rui fish
- Water as needed
- Just a bit of chopped coriander leaves
- 4 green chilies
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Cut the bananas in half after peeling their skin off. Make 4-5 long pieces from each banana.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the onion, ginger and garlic pastes, salt, turmeric, red chili and coriander powders. Stir and add the fish pieces. Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook until the water dries off and the oil starts to float on top.
- Transfer the fishes when they are almost cooked on a separate plate.
- Now add the chopped bananas to the gravy.
- Stir and add the fish pieces and 2 cups of water.
- Put the lid on and turn the heat down. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chilies. Let the curry simmer on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!