1 / 1 Photo by: nadira_begum
Serves : 5
- 1/2 kg rice powder, toasted until brown
- Salt as needed
- water as needed
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Mix in the rice powder with salt and 1-2 cups of water and make a dough.
- Make different shapes out of the dough, preferably round, oval or leaf like shapes. There are various designs for this pitha. Usually people make a round shape with an indentation on top. Some people also make a round ball with two ends sharpened out-it has a leaf like structure.
- A picture showing the indent made on the center of the leaf shaped chua pitha.
- A picture showing that a small ball is rolled out to make it look like a diamond. Place the pitha in different shapes on the plate or sieve water starts to bubble and give off steam. Allow the steam to cook the pitha for 10-15 minutes.
- The ball being rolled in the palm. Serve with any curry, such as beef or chicken curry. Next day-chop the pithas into small round slices. Fry with scrambled eggs and cheese
- A typical shape of the pitha: round and indented on the center.
- A snapshot of the uncooked chua pithas in various shapes and forms before.
- Pour 1-2 liters of water in a big cooking pot so that the water fills up half or three quarters of the pot. Place a net sieve or a perforated plate on top of the water level. You can use a steam cooker instead that already has a perforated top. Allow the water to boil.
- Place the pitha on the plate or sieve when the water starts to bubble and give off steam. Allow the steam to cook the pitha with the lid on for 10-15 minutes.
Use next day
The chua/choi pithas can be chopped into thick slices and fried with scrambled eggs and cheese to make a delicious easy breakfast.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!