1 / 1 Photo by: nadira_begum
Serves : 8
- 2 cups rice powder
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon onion paste
- 4 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Mix the rice powder, 1 egg beat, salt, ginger and onion paste. A thick mixture will form. Use a big spoon to pick up portions of the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Pour the mixture from the big spoon on to the deep oil to make medium sized round lumps. The lumps ( pitha) will swell up in the deep oil.
- Fry until the lump becomes golden yellow brown.
- Repeat to make 7-8 pithas.
- Place the fried pithas on a paper or paper towel so that the excess oil is soaked up.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!