Chalkumra Bhaji (Winter Melon Fry)
This is a very healthy and easy recipe. It is not very spicy, and can be served with ata roti (tortilla) for breakfast or with plain rice for lunch.
2 people made this
1/2 kg (1 small) Winter Melon
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 big onion, sliced
3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
Salt as needed
3-4 green chilies, sliced in half
Pinch of turmeric powder
- Peel the skin of the chalkumra and grate it into thin light slices.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the onion and garlic slices.
- Sprinkle the salt and add the green chilies.
- Add the chalkumra slices and sprinkle just a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Stir and cook until the chalkumra slices become soft and the water released dries up.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52