Pineapple Hilsa (Anarosh Ilish)
5 people made this
About this recipe:
This is quite a unique way to cook the very famous Hilsa. The dish is sweet, sour and spicy! Enjoy with steaming white rice.
4-5 pieces of Hilsa (Ilish)
Salt as needed
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
2 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of onion paste
1/2 teaspoon of cumin paste
1 cup of pineapple paste
1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
Water as needed
- Mix the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the fish pieces. Set aside the fried fish pieces.
- Now in the same pan add the onion, cumin and pineapple pastes. Stir and add the red chili powder, salt and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until the water dries up and the oil starts to float on top.
- Add another 1/4 cup of water and the fish pieces.
- Put the lid on and allow one side of the fish pieces to cook.
- Remove the lid and reverse the sides of this fish pieces.
- Put the lid on and allow the sides of the fish pieces to cook.
- Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate