prawn stir fry
- 250g medium sized prawn, peeled
- 2 big white onions, diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup sweet corn
- soy sauce as needed
- egg 1 or 2
- 2-3 capsicum (red, green and yellow), small thin strips
- cornflour as needed
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4-5 clove of garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder
- salt as needed
- vegetable oil as needed.
- take out the egg whites from the egg. mix salt, cornflour and egg white in a bowl. now pour the prawns in it, dip them thoroughly.
- heat oil in a frying pan. after oil is heated fry the prawns until golden brown texture acquired.
- leave the prawns in over a kitchen towel so that all excess oil is soaked.
- now in a wok heat 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- start frying the diced onions and sliced garlic, till the onions are translucent.
- now pour sweet corn, green peas, cumin coriander black pepper. fry them for about 2-3mins, stir them well, pour soy sauce as needed (alternative to salt) and again stir for 5mins.
- now pour the fried prawns, add chili powder, and stir well till peas and corns are soft.
you can use the oil used to fry the prawns. you can also try adding fried cashew nuts to give it a unique taste. do not use too much soy sauce, you might end up making the dish too wet, if you need more salt you can add salt after adding soy sauce.