1 person made this
About this recipe:
This is a recipe for a delicious home made pudding. Puddings are not Bengali in origin, but became popular during the British colonization. It is delicious by itself.
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
3 tablespoons of coco powder
1 cup of thick liquid milk
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of ghee
5 drops of vanilla essence
- Mix the flour and coco powder in a bowl.
- Pour the milk, sugar and ghee in a pot. Warm the mixture on low heat until bubbles start to form.
- Add the milk mixture when it cools down to the bowl with the flour and coco powder. Mix well with the eggs and vanilla essence. Set aside this pudding mixture.
- Grease a pudding tray with ghee. Pour the pudding mixture on to the tray.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the pressure cooker.
- Place the tray in a pressure cooker. Steam cook for 20-25 minutes on high heat.
- Carefully turn over the pudding tray on a plate and slowly transfer the pudding on to the plate.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate