2 people made this
About this recipe:
Nonash means "salty" and this is indeed a recipe for a salty pitha. It can be served with ketchup and/or cheese :)
Water as needed to make a dough
Salt as needed
Just a pinch of turmeric powder
3-6 green chilies, grinded into a paste (depends on preferred spiciness)
1 cup of rice powder
Vegetable oil for deep frying-as needed
- Heat a pan with water and add the salt, turmeric powder and green chili paste when the water starts to make bubbles.
- Stir well and add the rice powder slowly. Continue to stir until the water dries up
- Gather the mixture into dough. Make small balls and roll each ball out into small circles.
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil. Add the small circles or uncooked “nonash pitha” into the bubbling oil. Deep fry until the pithas turn golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate