3 people made this
About this recipe:
Bibikhana pitha is a traditional pitha that is sweet and pudding like. It is quite simple to make. It is delicious by itself.
1.5 cups of rice powder
1/2 cup of grated coconut
Just a pinch of cardamom powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of liquid palm date jaggery
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or ghee
Water as needed
- Mix the rice powder with grated coconut, cardamom powder, baking powder, palm date jaggery, milk and oil. Also add a bit of water to make a thick mixture.
- Grease a pudding tray with ghee or oil. Pour the mixture.
- Pour water in a pressure cooker for steam baking.
- Place the pudding tray with the mixture.
- Steam bake for 1.5 hours.
- Open the lid to cool the pitha.
- Serve when the pitha has chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate