11 people made this
About this recipe:
Many recipes that I have submitted are served with plain pulao (pilaf). Here is the recipe for the popular dish. It is simple to make and is served as a main dish.
1 kg pulao rice
2 liter water
1 cup of oil
1 cup of sliced onions
1 tablespoon of sliced ginger or ginger paste
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
Salt as needed
1 handful of raisins and pistachio or any nuts
A few drops of rose water mixed in with a pinch of jafran for food coloring
- Wash the rice and allow the water to dry for 30 minutes.
- Boil the water.
- When the water has almost boiled, heat a pan with oil. Fry 1 tablespoon of the onion slices until the onions turn crispy brown. Set aside these fried onions or “peyaj beresta”.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the onions. Stir and add the sliced garlic, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and cloves. Fry until the onions turn reddish golden in color.
- Add the washed pulao rice and stir well. Sprinkle the salt and continue frying for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour in the boiled water. Stir.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes in bubbling hot water.
- Turn the heat down and put the lid on. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle raisins, pistachio nuts and rose water mixed with a bit of jafran at the end when the pulao has been cooked. This depends on your preference.
- Sprinkle the fried onions or “peyaj beresta” on top of the pulao.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate