Hardboiled egg tomato curry
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a simple everyday Bengali recipe. It is a bit spicy, and is served with plain white rice.
3 tomatoes, sliced crosswise and boiled for just a while with salt water.
4 tablespoons of olive oil
4 tablespoons of chopped onions
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1/2-1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin powder
1 teaspoon of red chili powder
Water as needed
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves
Salt as needed
3-4 green chilies, choppped
- Hardboil the eggs. Peal the skin off from the eggs. Slice each egg in half. Set aside.
- Clean the sliced tomatoes. Set aside. ( Frozen boiled tomatoes can also be used).
- Heat a pan with oil. Fry the onions and garlic for a bit. Stir until they turn a bit red.
- Add the turmeric, cumin and red chili powders. Continue to stir.
- Add the tomatoes and stir again. Also add a bit of water. Sprinkle coriander leaves, salt and green chilies.
A thick paste will form.
- Stir and when the water has dried up a bit, add the sliced eggs.
- Turn over the sides of the eggs so that the gravy is covered all over the eggs.
- Fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilies.
Serve with plain white rice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate