1 / 1 Photo by:
- 500 gram of lentils
- 1.5 chopped onions
- 1 garlic or 4-5 cloves
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves
- 2-3 rocket chillies
- Salt (to the taste)
- Garlic paste 1 table spoon
- 1 cup oil
- 2 regular sized tomato nicely diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Rinse the lentil with cold water and add about 1/2 cup of oil to it. Add the garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well. Add half of the diced onion to it and mix it again
- Add water to the mixture now. Ensure that the water only soaks the mixture and the water level should not be more than four cm above the mixture.
- Put the mixture to heat and cover it with lid. Refil the mixture with more water once the lentils have resurfaced. This time you can add as much water as you require depending on your taste in the thickness of the lentil soup.
- By the time you have added water for the second time the lentil will appear dissolved. Wait for the water level to fall. Then add the finely chopped coriander and the diced tomato. Slit the bodies of the rocket chilllies before adding them to the soup. After that put the daal in a low heat
- On a separate pan, add oil and fry the remainder of sliced garlic and onions. Fry it untill the onion is golden brown. I like it slightly burnt so u might try that too.
- Pour the fried onion and garlics on the lentil soup. The daal is now ready to be served.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!