1 person made this
About this recipe:
Lal Mohon is a traditional dessert in Bangladesh. It is quite simple to make and often bought or made for weddings and big parties.
2 cups of sugar
3 cups of water
1 cup of milk powder
1/2 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 tablespoons of oil or ghee
2 cups of soy bean oil for deep frying
- Boil sugar and 2 cups of water to make a thick syrup. Set aside in a warm place.
- Shift the milk powder, flour and baking powder in a sieve. Set aside the powder mixture in a bowl.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl. Add the oil or ghee and beat well.
- Now add in the flour mixture to the egg and mix well. Gather the mixture into a dough.
- Make 15-16 portions out of the dough.
- Lightly oil your palms. Roll each dough portion into a small ball in your palms. Repeat for the rest of the portions and set aside.
- Heat a deep frying pan with oil. Deep fry the small balls until they turn golden brown.
- Soak the balls in the sugar syrup and bring the syrup with the balls to boil. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow the syrup to boil in another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve after chilling.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate