Egg Carrot Halwa
This is a simple and easy egg carrot halwa, often made on Shab-e-Barat night or on Eid. It is delicious by itself, but can be also served with parathas or loochis.
3 people made this
6 chopped cashew nuts
2 cups of milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups of shredded carrots
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Roast the cashew nuts and set aside.
- Boil the milk until it thickens down to half its volume.
- Heat a frying pan on medium flame and add the butter.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir-fry for about seven to eight minutes. Carrots should be tender and have slightly changed in color.
- Add the milk and cook until the milk dries up.
- Crack in the eggs and stir-fry for another 7-8 minutes.
- Next add the sugar and cardamom powder and stir-fry for another three to four minutes until the halwa starts to leave the sides of frying pan.
- Garnish with cashew nuts.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124