1 / 1 Photo by: Farzana_Rahman
- 20 green dry chilies
- 3 tablespoons of coriander powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida (hing)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons oil, mustard oil preferred .
- tablespoon vinegar
- Wash and dry the chilies. Set aside.
- Combine coriander, fennel, mustard and fenugreek seeds and asafetida and grind coarsely.
- Add salt, mango powder and turmeric powder to the ground spices; mix well.
- Heat oil ( if preferred-mustard oil) in a separate pan until it is quite hot, and then pour over the dry ingredient mixture.
- Mix well. Add vinegar and mix again.
- Fill in a jar with the green chilies with the spice mix and place by a window that receives a lot of sunlight.
- Sun dry for a day or two. Then keep on room temperature or in a refrigerator. It is best if you keep the jar by the window though
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!