Tal er kheer
This is a sweet dish made from palm fruit. This fruit is one of the most popular fruits for Bengalis, and is used to make desserts. Try it out!
3 people made this
1 ripe tal (palm fruit)
1 kg of liquid milk
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of grated coconut
2 cinnamon sticks
- Peel the tal fruit open. There will be a few kernels. Mix the kernels with water and squeeze out the extract. Set aside the extract.
- Heat the milk in a pot until it thickens.
- Pour the tal extract and add the sugar. Stir steadily and add the grated coconut.
- Add the cardamoms and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir continuously and cook for 1 hour.
- By now the tal-milk mixture should thicken and the distinct and flavorful smell of tal should be released.
- Pour the thickened mixture on a serving dish or tray. Cool in a freezer.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11