2 people made this
About this recipe:
Goja pitha is a traditional Bengali pitha. It is sweet and crunchy and is known for its wavy designs.
2 cups of Flour
salt as needed
soybean oil as needed
1/2 cup of hot water
2 cups of Sugar
2 cups of water
- Mix the flour with salt. Pour 1 tablespoon of the soybean oil and hot water. Mix well and kneed to make dough. Set the dough aside for 30 minutes.
- In a cooking pot melt the sugar with 2 cups of water . Heat to make syrup.
- Make small balls out the dough when it has become soft. Roll out into small tortillas using a rolling pin.
- Cut each tortilla into half. Now cut each half into long slits using a sharp knife.
- Place 3-4 strips on top of each other. Then close the two ends so the middle section sort of swells. Now twist slightly to make braid like wavy shapes.
- Repeat to make few more flower shaped goja pithas.
- Heat a deep frying pan with 1-1.5 cups of soy bean oil. Deep fry the goja pithas and dip them in the sugar syrup.
- Take out the pithas after soaking for just a while and place on a serving dish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate