1 person made this
About this recipe:
Chola Pulao is a special Iftar meal cooked with chana dal and pulao rice. It is very flavorful and is delicious by itself, but is also eaten with spicy curries.
2 cups of pulao rice
1 cup of chola or chana dal ( chickpeas), boiled
1/2 cup of soybean oil
1 tablespoon of ghee
1 tablespoon of garlic slices
2 tablespoons of onion slices
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
4-5 cinnamon sticks
salt as needed
4 cups of water
4-5 green chilies
1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves
- Wash the rice and drain the water out.
- Drain the water out of the boiled chola.
- Heat a saucepan with oil and ghee.
- Fry the garlic and onion slices. Sprinkle the turmeric powder and also fry the cardamoms, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Add the rice and stir and fry.
- Add the chola and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and fry for a bit.
- Pour in 4 cups of water and cook with lid on for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle the green chilies, stir and cook on low heat with lid on for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate