Magur Mach Dopeyaja (Indian Catfish fry with onion gravy)
Magur mach or Indian Catfish is a delicious fish that is quite popular among fish lovers. This is dish is spicy and has a lot of onion gravy. Enjoy with plain white rice.
13 people made this
4 magur (catfish sliced)
2 tablespoons of soybean oil
1 cup of onion slices
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
1 teaspoon of onion paste
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of red chili powder
salt as needed
1 cup of hot water
4 green chilies, chopped
1 tablespoon of coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash the fish pieces and drain the water out.
- Heat a pan with the oil. Fry the onions just for a bit. Add the ginger, garlic and onion pastes, turmeric and red chili powders and salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish pieces.
- Cook until the water released from the ingredients dries up and oil starts to simmer on top.
- Pour in 1 cup of hot water. Cook with lid on for 10 minutes.
- By now the onions and fish pieces should be mixed well.
- Garnish with chopped green chilies and coriander leaves.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199