Lau diye Shol Mach curry (Bottle gourd-Shol fish curry)
Bottle gourd with shol fish is a simple everyday dish that is served with plain rice. It is not very spicy, and the bottle gourd pieces bring in a subtle sweetness to the dish.
2 people made this
1 small bottle gourd, 500 g, peeled and cut into medium slices
1 cup of chopped shol fish, washed with salt and water
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
1 tablespoon of onion paste
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon of red chili powder
1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves
4-5 green chilies
salt as needed
- Wash the lau slices and drain the water out.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add the ginger and onion pastes, coriander, turmeric and red chili powders. Mix in salt. Cook until the water released dries up a bit and the oil simmers on top.
- Add the washed fish pieces. Pour in 1/2 cup of water. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pick out the fishes with a spoon and transfer to a bowl.
- Now add the lau slices to the pan. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish pieces and cook with lid on at low flame for 10-15 minutes. This will help the fish and lau pieces to cook.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves, green chilies and salt. Stir and cook on low heat with lid on for another 5 minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 126.96.36.199