Beef Bhuna with jackfruit seeds
Jackfruit seeds are widely available during the summer season in the Bengal. Beef with jackfruit seeds give a chewy and crunchy combination to this dish. Serve with pulao or plain steaming rice.
1 person made this
1 kg beef cubes
500 g of jackfruit seeds
1 cup of soybean oil
1 cup of onion slices
2.5 tablespoons of ginger paste
2.5 tablespoons of onion paste
2 cinnamon sticks
4 bay leaves
Salt as needed
1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon of red chili powder
Water as needed
3 tablespoons of golden brown crispy fried onion slices or peyaj beresta
- Wash the beef cubes and drain the water out.
- Peel the skin off the jackfruit seeds, wash and drain water out.
- Heat a pan with soybean oil. Fry the onion slices until light brown. Mix in the ginger, onion and garlic pastes, cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, cloves, salt, turmeric and red chili powders.
- Cook until the water released from the ingredients dry up to form a thick gravy, with the oil floating on top.
- Add the beef cubes and cook for 30-40 minutes until the water released from the meat dries up to form gravy, with oil floating on top.
- Pour in 4 cups of water and out the lid on. Cook until the water has dried up a bit and the meat has been half cooked. Add the jackfruit seeds.
- Cook for another 30 minutes until the water dries up further and the jackfruit seeds have boiled.
- Add another 3-4 cups of water and cook with lid on for 30 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the fried onions or peyaj beresta when the water has dried up to form thick gravy with oil simmering on top.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11