1 / 1 Photo by:
- 4 nona ilish mach slices or salted sun dried Hilsa fish slices
- 1/2 cup of soybean oil
- 1 cup of onion slices
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1/2 cup of garlic slices
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 4-5 green chilies cut in half along the length
- Wash the nona Ilish or sun dried salted Hilsa fish. There will be a lot of salt, so wash for a while.
- Cut the fish into small slices.
- Heat a frying pan with soybean oil. Add the onion and garlic slices and ginger paste, turmeric and red chili powders. Stir and cook until the ingredients are mixed well, and the water released dries up a bit and the oil starts to simmer on top.
- Add the salted sun dried fish slices. Pour in 1 cup of water. Stir and cook for 30 minutes with lid on.
- By now the onion and garlic slices should become soft. The strong smell of the spices will be gone as well, and the fish pieces will become oily and fried.
- Sprinkle the green chilies, simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!