1 / 1 Photo by:
Minced Mutton (Kheema, क़ीमा) Balls, Deep Fried
KanikeIynanda Karnataka, India
- 250 grams Lean Lamb (Mutton) Minced
- 75-100 grams Carrot
- 1 Onion, Medium
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 10 -15 cloves (1 pod) Garlic
- 2 – 3 Cloves
- 2 – 3 cm Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves (fresh)
- Cooking oil for deep fry
- Wash the minced meat 1 - 2 times. Squeeze and drain the water thoroughly.
- Scrap and clean the carrot. Peal the outer dry skin of the onion. Wash and clean the green chilies. Roughly chop with a knife all these three items.
- Take the chopped items and all other ingredients, except the meat, in the small jar of a mixer-grinder. Using the incher, process till they are roughly chopped.
- Take the minced meat in the big jar of the mixer-grinder. Transfer the items from the small jar to this big jar.
- Grind for 1 – 2 minutes to get a smooth and thick paste. Do NOT add water.
- Take small amounts of the paste from the jar by hand and press into balls of a small sized lemon. Wet the hand so that the paste does not stick to the hand.
- Take a kadai and pour cooking oil into it. Heat oil on medium flame.
- Deep fry the balls on low flame till done (golden brown).
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!